Thursday, August 31, 2006

Chansons de Chocolat


Chocolate Songs

These songs are the kind that move you to want to stop in your tracks all the while silencing anything and anyone in your midst. These songs are soothing, decadent, and fulfilling. The desire to close your eyes and suck in all that this song embodies soon takes over your mind and physical being. These songs whether happy or sad reach somewhere in the pit of my heart giving it a feeling I cannot describe. The only thing I could compare it to would be the devouring of chocolate.

As many of you may be aware of, chocolate contains a natural 'love drug'. Tryptophan is a chemical that the brain uses to make a neurotransmitter called serotonin. High levels of serotonin can produce feelings of elation, even ecstasy - hence the name of the designer drug that also works by increasing serotonin levels. Many women and men the world over eat pounds of chocolate a year filling in that void of love.

Although the feeling of romantic love is foreign to my heart I do believe that the sinking, elated feeling I get in the pits of my heart and stomach are comparable to that of consuming some good ole' dark chocolate and in turn love. I won't run the risk of sharing these songs for fear of losing that joy, but I know you all can empathize with that feeling; that excitement, the bliss, the satisfaction all coming from a series of vocals and musical notes.

Enjoy your chocolate songs. Savor them. Cherish them. Share them with few.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chocolate...
I do agree with you is much like a durg! But this also can be alot of thins the way you like your men it can change your mood your way of thinking everything at that place in time!

Anonymous said...

my favourite songs that are as good as chocolate are motown, you dont realise how good they are until your life gets good.

marvin gaye and tammi terrell especialy

beyondthestairs said...

This post is hilarious to me. Mostly because I don't like chocolate. As you know I'm all about the lemons and I think my song choices follow that same path. I seem to like the songs that make you find your sadness, the lemon songs. I tend to try and find my happiness within myself and not songs nor chocolate. The songs that make me the happiest are the ones that are honest and sad. Go figure.

SillyAlicat said...

Fluxy pants,
I too am all about the lemons but as far as I know lemons do not contain any chemicals that produce a uphoric feeling. I could be wrong. As I was bopping along on the train the other day to one of my favorite playlists I realized all of the songs I regularly listen to are very depressing. Sad songs make me happy. Now YOU go figure!

beyondthestairs said...

You can't tell me you don't get a tingly feeling in the back of your neck when you bite into a lemon! If a tingly feeling on the back of your neck doesn't discribe a uphoric feeling I don't know what does.
Oh ya, and I like things that wiggle to. Ha ha ha! Yey! WIGGLE!!

Smapdi said...

I have a million of these songs.

It's why I am so in love with the art that is music. And why I only listen to what I deem to be good enough for my discriminating ears.

Which reminds me, I got ahold of a leaked copy of Joanna Newsom's new album in my hands right now....

And ruby I feel your pain. I really think that in my ancestry is a combination of every white race ever, which in turn causes me to glow in the dark. During daylight i have been known to blind people, hehe. For some people the sun equals tan. For me, I could be in it every day, and still never get anything but a burn.

SillyAlicat said...

Ruby, I thought you lived in San Diego? I thought you were tough! You should just kill the uv rays with a trident...

Dusty, feel free to throw in a copy of Joanna Newtons new album when you send outt he copy of resisiting arrest cd's in, I don't know.. A YEAR!


Kyle, I like listening to sad songs because it always makes me feel like I have a companion in my temporary misery. Misery loves company. I always feel a little victorious after listening to a sad song.