Monday, May 24, 2010

Skeltons, Letters and Plain Old J-U-N-K


In an ideal world, I'd like to think of myself as someone non-sentimental. Unfortunately, this is not an ideal world. Recently, I stumbled upon the remnants of my adolescence and early adulthood. Buried deep within the depths of my closets I found poems, letters, cards, journals and other tokens of amorous feelings from a variety of admirers. Sorting through them, many emotions stirred inside me like a disapproved-of-Bond-martini. For one thing, I was relieved that I was no longer remotely emotionally attached to any of these men. It's amazing what sort of choices one makes when youth, low self-esteem and naivete are combined and made into a potent concoction. Suddenly, without much experience, sense or comprehension of forethought, decisions are made and emotions erupt.

I'm not in the mood to finish this at the moment but hitting "Publish Post" is just too tempting.

No comments: